Please click on the below tabs to learn more about the coaching requirements for each of our programs.
- Work with the sessions leads to execute session plans.
- Commit to being at practice each week.
- Possess basic understanding of basketball.
Please remember that the Diocese has instituted a zero tolerance policy. The Diocese is being audited and that means we will be too. Any coaches who cannot get these requirements completed before the season starts will not be able to coach this year.
There are a several requirements that need to be satisfied before we get started this season with coaching.
There are requirements of all coaches - without these you cannot coach in this program.
- VIRTUS training (one time)
- Fingerprinting/background check (every 3 years)
- National Federation of State High School Associations (www.NFHSLearn.com) trainings. (one time)
- Diocesan volunteer recordkeeping requirements (one time)
This is a one time classroom training requirement with follow-up articles sent to your email.
To register for offered sessions simply follow this link and then select a session that works in your schedule.
Fingerprinting and background check
If you are brand new to the program then you will need to complete below form and schedule an appointment for fingerprinting.
The background check is good for 3 years. This does not mean you have to be fingerprinted again! Visit the Parish Office and see the office manager to sign the blue form. MMOG takes care of the rest!
Service Code: 2F1J3Y
Contributor Case Number: MET036
NFHSLearn training sessions
The final requirement for all coaches to complete is a series of 3 online training sessions. First you will need to go to www.NFHSLearn.com and register for an account. Once you have your account then you will need to add the following 3 courses to your course list and complete them.
- Bullying, Hazing and Inappropriate Behaviors - https://nfhslearn.com/courses/28000/bullying-hazing-and-inappropriate-behaviors
- Concussion in Sports - https://nfhslearn.com/courses/concussion-in-sports-2
- Sportsmanship - https://nfhslearn.com/courses/sportsmanship-2
Once you have completed the courses print out your certificates and send or deliver them to the Parish Office or email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocesan Volunteer Recordkeeping Requirements
Please complete this application and send it to the Parish Office.
Code of Pastoral Conduct Acknowledgement
Please read the Code of Pastoral Conduct at this link.
When you have completed this then fill out the acknowledgement form and return to the Parish Office.
Please read, sign and return this form to the Parish Office.
We will be sending a link to the Smartsheet so that you know what your status is for each of these requirements. If there are any other coaches please let us know ASAP in order to give them time to meet all of these requirements as well; you can do this by emailing DirectorOfCoaching@mmogcyo.com